- Camp Counselors for week long kayaking, sailing and paddle boarding Kids Camps for kids 6-12 in Seattle
- Sea Kayaking Instructors for youth and adults tours
- Customer service: office, rentals, phones
- Part-Time weekend help – Rentals, lessons etc
- All applications due in by MAY 15th!
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Documented success at teaching, training, coaching, or successfully guiding young adults
- Physically able to help lift things like: sea kayaks, paddle boards and dinghy sail boats
- Availability to start working by June 5th, or soon after (some hrs available in May as well)
- Availability to work through Sept 3rd, or later (some late season / Fall work available too)
- Enjoy water activities and working with kids
- CPR Certification
- Background check
Great reasons to work at Moss Bay
- Fun staff
- Shared responsibilities
- Flexible scheduling
- Positive team environment
- Great location
- Work outside in the sun on the water
- Good equipment and facility
- Competitive wages ($13-17/hr)
Moss Bay Kayak, Paddle Board & Sail Center may have the perfect job for you! Moss Bay on South Lake Union in Seattle is looking for self-motivated, hard-working, and friendly people for positions available this summer.
For the past thirty years the goal of Moss Bay has been to provide the best kayaking, paddle boarding and sailing instruction to people of all ages who are interested in exploring our Northwest waterways. Moss Bay offers hourly rentals, guided tours on Lake Union and large group activities. Moss Bay is also home to the famous Kids Camp: a week long kayaking, paddle boarding and sailing camp for kids in the greater Seattle area.
As an employee of Moss Bay you can expect competitive wages while providing service in one or more of the many programs Moss Bay offers. We have a variety of shifts: Open, Close, Extra, weekends & Kids Camp.
Moss Bay will expect each employee to provide outstanding service to all visitors on our dock. Kids Camp counselors will supervise the campers so they have a fun and safe experience. Each employee will also participate in a 1 week intensive, modularized management training program at the beginning of the summer. Included in the training is skill development in kayaking and sailing.
Call (206) 682-2031 for more details!
* Former Kids Camp participants who have aged out of camp are welcome to apply for a Jr counselor / intern position (unpaid). We are happy to sign off on community service hours. Interns will volunteer one or two camp weeks during the summer and help out M-F from 830am to 330pm (mostly in camp). A great way to stay involved at MB. Requirements: 14 yrs to 16 yrs old, cpr certification and a parent permission slip / waiver. Please email or call us any time after May 1st (weeks are assigned first come first serve).